Government censorship and "fuck you facebook".

All these years of pioneering, hiding earphones in my sleeves during taxiing, take-off and landing to be able to listen to my music, reading my kindle away from the flight attendants' gaze, illegally playing on my phone (while on flight mode), have finally paid off. I am probably the cause for this: European aviation regulators have approved the use of certain personal electronic devices during taxiing, take-off and landing. They saw me and finally saw it isn't dangerous! Joy to the world! It will probably be allowed before Christmas to play Angry Birds and read your latest cheesy novel while they tell you how you have to put on your own oxygen mask prior to helping your child. No more hiding!

The US is embarrassing itself by blocking the publication of Chilcot's inquiry. The report is on how Britain went to war with Iraq and includes the Blair-Bush correspondence. David Cameron will probably end up following the US decision. Yet another lie to the people. What about the public's right to know? Hopefully there will be leaks of this.

The photo/video sharing phone app Snapchat has sent Facebook a big "fuck you" by declining the latter's $3bn offer to buy the app. I wish I could turn down such an offer if anyone made it to me but I probably wouldn't.
A speeding train has killed seven elephants including two babies and injured at least ten more by speeding into a herd. You can find the full article here, the images are horrible though, you might want to close your eyes.
If you sign up here the Guardian might send you one of their 5000 free music festival bags, I signed up, I'll tell you if I get it!


Celeb news

Yesterday the Pope declared his war on corruption in the Holy City/Country, today the mafia wants his head because they will no longer be able to profit from the church state. You go Pope!
The song Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke that has been called a "rape-song" and "rapey" continues to cause trouble as the University College London student union is the 20th SU to ban the song. The debate continues on the Guardian that has called the song "the most controversial of the decade". The song is catchy and everything, the lyrics call for interpretation, what I don't like about it is that people sing it without realising what they are saying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Je suis mouru à Liège mon amour.

Let's work for free.

"She's a good woman"