Abortion and whatnot.

Just in case you have been living in a cave and the first thing you're doing after getting out is check my blog (thank you!), Obama won the US Presidential election! Yay!
To be honest, I was a bit nervous for my friends over there,I mean, what if scary Romney would have won?

There was a lot going on about the economy and that is all the Romney supporters were talking about but one thing they were reluctant to talk about was the whole social justice issue.

One thing that bothers me about the US is the whole "pro-life"/"pro-choice" debate, I don't get why in 2012, in a Western, developed society it is even a debate. I mean I know why, it's because some Americans have a hard time separating church and state.
But I mean come on! We see all these men talking about being "pro-life"and all but shouldn't the choice be left to women until we find a way to get men preggos? How come men have a right to policy about what is wrong or right for a woman's body? You see these men talking publicly about rape and how even if a baby is procreated it was in G-d's intention, life begins at conception and it is a gift from G-d... The scariest thing is that these people are in power, they were elected by citizens.
Besides, these people proudly say they are "pro-life" but are they really? Anti-abortionists such as Romney are not pro-life, this is a joke! As a friend beautifully put it:
Dear Romney & Ryan, and people who think like them. You are not "pro-life", you are "pro-pregnancy". If you really cared about life, you wouldn't go to war so easily, you wouldn't have the death penalty, you would improve the health system, you would improve the education system, you would help the poor and the needy. How about you focus on the needs of the people already alive.
We get it, you like babies and pregnant women, but once that baby is born, you really don't care.

Moreover, aren't there more important issues to talk about than freaking babies when you're a politician? They make such a big deal out of it, it's almost as if to them abortion is the cause of all our problems but no, the cause of our problems is probably the gays (when I first heard about Sandy I was like "how long 'til some bigot blames it on the gays?" Didn't take too long...).

Have a good day y'all. Hope you're all happy Obama won! And if you're not well, get over it.

And just because I love you all, here's a picture I brought back from Delhi:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Je suis mouru à Liège mon amour.

Let's work for free.

"She's a good woman"