National Interfaith Week.

Very busy interesting week it has been and still not over yet.

Saturday - I was at a charity ball (I danced with 70-year-olds, there was an old man dancing like John Travolta in Pulp Fiction and I just wanted to take my heeels off and dance with him but I did not). I met Amy who told me about this week's events.

Sunday - I accompany a friend to Church. We get to see an architecture exhibition then we run away during the service because it was just not cool. People there weren't friendly like a congregation usually is and they let their toddlers run around - there must have been at least 13 children under the age of ten,

Monday - nothing.

Tuesday - I visited a Buddhist temple, the Central Methodist Church and a Hindu temple where there was a giant picture of the Sun God Surya (it's my name - yay) then attended an intro to the Bahai Faith. Then got free curry. Father John who is an Italian missionary dropped me at University.
Father John made me recite his address by heart so I can drop by for a chat and a cup of tea (I think he misses talking Italian because Priests usually prefer little boys).

Wednesday - I visited a Mosque. I had never been to a Mosque. I received dates, Holy Water from Zamzam in Mecca, samosas and a Qur'an after watching the last prayer of the day. I saw Father John again.

It was all so interesting, I have learnt a lot and I wish I could do it all the time (I love learning awesome new things, if my brain could take it I would be learning 24/7).

Tomorrow I will be in Crown Court (no I did not kill anyone, I'm reporting there) and attending a few other events with my new Muslim friends.

P.S. I'll soon write more about Israel and other stuff but I haven't had the time to do so, Uni work has kept me busy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Je suis mouru à Liège mon amour.

Let's work for free.

"She's a good woman"